Background image description:
Post or Page Title
… A service you can rely on
Why McLays Foods?
- Established in the food service industry for over 30 years
- Family business dating back across 4 generations
- Suppliers to both the Catering Trade & Public Sector
- Full food service offering from Fresh Butcher Meat, Fish & Fresh Produce to Fine Foods and Frozen Goods
Brothers Andrew & Craig (pictured above) have built a team around them of young managers to help push the business on to bigger and better things. Our managers in Technical, Office, Transport as well as our Head Butcher have been developed and promoted from within. These people know our business, are excited by what we do and help drive our service driven culture.
For more information on who we are and what we do please download our Product Brochure PDF
What is our business doing to protect the environment and make positive change?
- We have our very own Green Team, who meet weekly to review and discuss our current policies
- As a business we have made official pledges with Zero Waste Scotland & Resource Efficient Scotland
- We measure our output daily from the CO2 emissions of our vehicles to our food and packaging recycling rates
We have relationships with a number of well renowned abattoirs across Scotland and the UK. In Scotland we source a lot of our meat from farms in Perthshire and Aviemore. All of our meat is fully traceable from farm to plate.
We carry an extensive range of fresh and frozen meats including; Beef, Lamb, Pork, Poultry & Game. All butcher cuts are available and in the specification required for the customer.
Dry Aged Meat
We have a state of the art dry ageing facility built to guarantee the tenderness and flavour of our steaks. Our ageing chill is fitted with Himalayan salt bricks to further enhance our ageing process.
At McLays we have seen exponential growth in the demand for our Fresh Produce. We work with a list of approved suppliers & farms to ensure our store is replenished with the best available and freshest produce on a daily basis.
We provide our customers with a bespoke seasonality calendar highlighting when products are in and out of season and where they are sourced.
Our pricing structure allows for flexibility in an ever changing market to ensure our customers are always getting the most up to date and competitive prices.
The size of our store allows us to rotate stock on a daily basis and only ever hold fresh produce. Therefore we can guarantee the delivery of produce which you would pick yourself.
Fresh & Frozen Fish & Seafood
Fine Foods & Frozen Goods
Own Recipe Haggis
- Bespoke products lines stocked & available
- Shop across a vast range to compliment your Butcher Meat and Fresh Produce
- Ask your rep or our telesales team for more information or download our Product Brochure
Our group consisting of the Garfield, Moorings & Eglinton Arms Hotel have been a customer of McLays Foods for the past 5 years now.
The group have always been delighted with the quality of their products, the delivery performance and their customer service. They are always happy to help with specific requirements specific to each of our hotels.
I would very much recommend the services of McLays FoodsEglinton Arms
Garfield & Moorings Hotel Group
At McLays we are a SALSA approved supplier demonstrating her food standard credentials
We are a member of the Scotch Beef, Lamb & Speciality Selected Pork club as we feel passionately about the provenance of our products
Real Living Wage Foundation
At McLays we are extremely proud to be a member of the Real Living Wage Foundation Key benefits include:
- Rewarding employees for their commitment ad attitude
- Employees feel valued
- Staff motivation levels are higher
- Staff retention rates are higher
- Business reputation grows
- Better relationships between staff and management
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions or feedback and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.